Saturday, June 12th 3pm-6pm
INDIGOGreen Building Solutions
322 SW 4th Ave, Gainesville, Fl 32601
Presented by Earthgivers, Society Promotions, INDIGO Green, and Barrels of Hope
Join us Saturday afternoon in welcoming Jane Wynne, of Wynne Farms in Haiti. She’ll discuss the realities and possibilities facing the Haitian people and environment and explain the innovative and important work that she helps to facilitate, particularly working with women to replant their landscapes and their communities. We’ll explore the common connections that we share and work to build solidarity through better understanding and building connections, increasing communications, and giving back in order to help rebuild.
There will be activities for the whole family:
– A Water Walk, which simulates the typical distance a Haitian woman travels to gather water for her family
– A Demo Model of a shelter made by Barrels of Hope for Haiti, a collaborative effort to provide rain barrels filled with emergency shelter supplies to the victims of the earthquake in Haiti
– Music and Games
– A slideshow of photos from Gainesville residents that have recently traveled to Haiti
– Card making: our personalized messages of hope will be hand delivered to the Women who Plant
– A “Taste of Haiti” featuring light fare from local restaurants
The event will end with the screening of the film “Bound by Haiti”, a gripping 45 minute documentary created by two men, Jon Bougher and Roman Safiullin, who lived and filmed through the recent earthquake that devastated Haiti. Jon Bougher will be on hand to answer questions.
$5 suggested donation to support Jane Wynne’s work.