Ex-Halliburton Manager Pleads Guilty To Destroying BP Spill Evidence

Posted by Andres Hortensi, October 24, 2013

Gulf Oil Spill Halliburton

Anthony Badalamenti, the first individual to plead guilty to a crime related to the Deepwater Horizon disaster of 2010, is scheduled to be sentenced on January 21. The former Halliburton manager pleaded guilty to destroying evidence in the aftermath of the deadly rig explosion that spawned BP’s massive 2010 oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico.

Last month, a federal judge accepted a plea agreement calling for Halliburton to pay a $200,000 fine for a misdemeanor stemming from Badalamenti’s conduct. Halliburton also agreed to be on probation for three years and to make a $55 million contribution to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation, but that payment was not a condition of the deal.

Badalamenti was the cementing technology director for Halliburton Energy Services Inc., BP’s cement contractor on the Deepwater Horizon drilling rig. Prosecutors said he instructed two Halliburton employees to delete data during a post-spill review of the cement job on BP’s blown-out Macondo well.

Read the entire article at The Huffington Post

  1. CinemaVerdeFest Says:

    Ex-Halliburton Manager Pleads Guilty To Destroying BP Spill Evidence: Anthony Badalamenti, the first individual… http://t.co/CnzzysptuZ

  2. Linda Stanton Says:

    Linda Stanton liked this on Facebook.

  3. WP Admirer Says:

    WP Admirer liked this on Facebook.